Saturday, June 5, 2010

sew buzzy, june block

I just got finished making the first block for the Sew Buzzy quilting bee. It was Kristin's month, and she requested wonky stars made from a big selection of 1930s prints. She asked for one 12.5" square, and I received some white cotton and some pretty green prints. I was immediately smitten with the geisha print, and knew my block would have to feature it. Here is what I came up with, and also a close up of the center.



There are still a couple of her prints I didn't get to use. I feel inspired to make at least one more block for her, so I think I'll wait a couple days before sending it and see what gets done.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - that fussy cut center is so cute! Love the block! -Paige from Sew Bee Wonky

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the wonk little triangle star shapes made, also the little giesha chica in the center. pretty slink

    ReplyDelete