Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring and Sewing

WOW, it had been a long time since I blogged. Fern Amelia is now 14 months old, and every single day I am in awe of her beautiful self, and am so thankful she came to us. My mama pride is huge. 

(top from this pattern)

She wears a very high percentage of Mama-made clothes -- amazingly, they are almost all handknits though! She is always wearing knitted longies over her cloth diapers, and usually has either a knitted vest, sweater, or hat on...Or some crazy combination of all of those since we have just braved our very first New England winter.

   
 (bonnet notes on ravelry)

Now that Fern is walking though, I have been just loving to put her in dresses. I have made a couple, and we have a few hand-me-downs, but her 12-18m wardrobe is pretty slim. A few new pairs of leggings, a couple plain t-shirts for layering, and some new tunics and dresses would round things out... 

 I am looking forward to sewing for her (and hopefully keeping up with posting!) during the Spring Kids Clothes Week challenge, hosted by Elsie Marley. I have been following the challenge for years now, but I've missed out on the past two challenges. Last spring I was swamped in new-mamahood, and last fall we were busy planning and packing for our big move from Oregon to Massachusetts. This time though, I am ready!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment