Sunday, May 30, 2010

the first spiderweb

i am making a quilt for my mama's 50th birthday this june. it will be the first quilt i have made her, although their bed is covered with a quilt i made my dad a few years ago for his 50th. it will be 8ft by 8ft, big enough for their queen sized bed, with lots of overhang. my mama loves greens, blues and purples, so by golly thats what she's getting! i have been wanting to make a spiderweb quilt for a while, and have been really enjoying the process so far, even though its really time consuming, at least when you are a perfectionist like me...

this little section is not so little (16"x 16"), but i still need to make 35 more! i have tomorrow off of work for memorial day, so hopefully lots of progress is made.

in other sewing excitement, i received the fabrics in the mail from Kristin for her month (june) in the Sew Buzzy Bee, and she has requested wonky star blocks made with 1930s reproduction fabrics. i was sent green prints, and i think i will work on her block tonight...also i have joined in another bee, Sew Bee Wonky that needs a couple more members, and is all about making 'wonky' blocks!

1 comment:

  1. I love your spiderweb quilt so far! What a nice gift for your mom! I think I'm in the wonky bee with you. I just posted my intro on Flickr.

    ReplyDelete